Our Core Values
Here are the 4 core values we embrace as members of MTW:
- Church: We have a high view of the Church and seek its growth and maturity in all our ministry efforts.
- Grace-based: Our community life and ministry are shaped by God’s grace for us in his Son, Jesus Christ.
- Reformed and Covenantal: Our theology guides, inspires, and directs all our ministries.
- Mercy, Justice, and the Love of God: We value demonstrating the love of God through acts of mercy and justice as signs of the kingdom of God.
In addition to these 4, our family has adopted some core values from AIM and TIMO:
- Commitment to the Local Language and Culture – We believe it is critical to the proclamation task to articulate the gospel in the context and mother tongue of the hearer whenever possible.
- Relationships, Relationships, Relationships – All missions work involves relating: Our goal is to be able to say, along with the Apostle Paul: “We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.” (I Thes. 2:8)
- Lifestyle and Proclamation Evangelism – Living the truth of the gospel message and verbally proclaiming that same message should be two sides of the same coin.
- Living Among Those with Whom We Seek to Minister – A logical outgrowth of commitment to local language, to learning culture, and to lifestyle evangelism is living where we minister.
- Learning is for a Lifetime – A continual upward spiral of spiritual, emotional, and mental growth is the goal.
This is Bryan and Pastor Jethro. Jethro planted a church in his village, which congregated in his home.