McReynolds Tribe Thanksgiving Update
Happy Thanksgiving from The McReynolds Tribe!
Well, it has been a very long time since we sent out an update. The reason had everything to do with our family needing time to process the past eighteen plus months. All of us had experienced trauma in various forms, and some more acutely than others. Healing happens differently for everyone, especially in a family of seven. And while the past few months have provided times for us to rest, pray, reflect, and process, we have also been busy with many things:
• In July we moved to Charlottesville, Virginia.
• Camden spent the summer working at Ridge Haven camp in Brevard, N.C.
• In August, Rebe started teaching 4th grade at Regents School of Charlottesville.
• Myla, Keely, and Hudson began school at Regents… this was their first time to be in an American school culture.
• Myla and Keely played volleyball for Regents… their first organized sports adventure. Rebe was the assistant coach. Camden ran varsity Cross Country for Regents, and his team won the state championship for their division.
• I have been busy with several things: Working for MTW, which right now consists of meeting with supporters and churches, and figuring out our next steps; taking care of little Ivy; and tutoring 10 Chinese students in English writing. I also teach an online Classics course 2 days a week for high school students.
We are amazed and grateful at how God has brought us through a turbulent and difficult season in our family’s life, and how he continues to guide and direct our steps. Healing has happened, and we love seeing our kids doing well in their new environments. Myla, Keely, and Hudson are loving the community at Regents, and Camden is finishing his senior year online, working as a lifeguard at an athletic club, and making new friends at Regents and church youth group.
As we pray, plan, and work with our leaders on our return to Africa, we ask for your prayers: prayers for clarity of vision, for direction, and for peace. We have big plans and potential, but all of it must line up with God’s will for His kingdom and our lives. We want to thank those of you who support us by prayer, counsel, and financial partnership. Some of you have been partnered with our family for 16 years! Thank you, and thanks to Christ, who unites us together through his death and resurrection.
As the time nears for year-end giving, please consider our family in your plans… as with anytime missionaries change fields and assignments, our support account has declined and we are in need of additional financial partners and support. Here is the link to our family page at MTW.org: